Friday, July 9, 2010

Confessions of an Undomestic Goddess

I’m kind of a cluttered person when it comes to my living space, or at least I used to be. OK, I still am, but I'm better monitored these days. I like piles. Please let me clarify that I am a great CLEANER (I love the smell of cleaning products…mmmm…Lemon Pledge), but I am a bit messy. Lucky for me, I married to a bit of a neat freak. It is kind of awesome. For me. Probably not quite so much for him.  It’s a good thing he thinks I’m cute, I guess.


We moved in May. I learned where the vacuum is stored last week.
I haven’t done laundry since before we got married (January 2010). The only time I’ve visited the laundry room in our new building was when we first moved in and were transporting boxes to the storage locker.

I’m not allowed to load the dishwasher because apparently I do it wrong.

One day when I was still at work, Scott cleaned out my car. He found a receipt from 2003 jammed under one of the seats. He has taken it upon himself to ensure my car is clutter free going forward, I think the receipt incident inspired him.
We air-dry our clothes (which is SO economical and green of us). Last weekend, I tried to help hang towels. Scott handed me three washcloths and sent me to hang them on the towel rack in the bedroom. When I came back and tried to "help" some more, he told me it was OK. So I got back to playing Super Mario Bros Wii and thinking about how lucky I am to never have to do laundry.

4 comments:

  1. 1) How does one load the dishwasher wrong?
    2) Does he hire out? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I have NO idea. I probably will never know.

    2) Haha, he has his hands full with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I borrow him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, you can so load a dishwasher wrong! There is an art to cramming as much as you can in it...can you tell I hate to handwash?

    ReplyDelete