Saturday, July 3, 2010

Words I Never Thought I'd Say...

Last night, Scott and I stayed at the Motel 6 near the Buffalo, NY Airport.

I haven't stayed in a Motel 6 in ages, and I didn't come in expecting much so I won't spend much time discussing its merits (or lack thereof). If you're in the mood for a road trip to Buffalo (come on, I know you are!), here's the best I can do in terms of a review. It's quiet, it's convenient, there's free morning coffee in the lobby, and the TV remote control is bolted to the bedside table.



Oh, and apparently management at the Motel 6 near the Buffalo Airport doesn't mind wrinkly guests, because the room is iron and ironing board free.

You may be asking yourself, "Why oh why did Susan just spend the night at the Motel 6 near the Buffalo Airport?" The answer is that list you see to the right -- my 30 before 30 list. That list, in fact is why I started this blog in the first place.

My 30 before 30 list really wasn't devised because I'm turning 30 next February (takes deep slow breaths, OK maybe it is a little bit). The deadline is more motivational than anything else. I got to a point a few months back where I was tired of thinking, "hey I should really do that," promptly forgetting whatever it was I thought I should do, doing nothing at all for a while, and then months later thinking to myself, "hey I should really do that, " at which point the cycle started all over again. So, one night, in a fit of "my life needs more adventure and I'm going to do something about it!" I wrote this list.

I decided to post it this week after my friend Catherine posted her list on Facebook. And another blog I read has a similar list posted as well. I figured if anything, this is an opportunity for me to keep a record of my "adventures," even if the concept is anything but original at this point.

So back to Buffalo. This weekend, we're taking a somewhat impromptu road trip to Niagara Falls, a trip we've been talking about taking since we spent three hours one Saturday night last fall watching a documentary about said falls (because we're cool like that -- that's how we roll).

One last word about the Motel 6 near the Buffalo Airport -- even though the coffee is free, don't drink it. Trust me, I will never steer you wrong when it comes to coffee.

1 comment: